Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

H1N1...or as my doctor says...influenza of some type..

You guessed it...I have the flu. I haven't been this sick since my junior year of college when I was bedbound for a week...I am just couch bound this time. I went to the doctor yesterday and was told to go home and rest and drink fluids. Very expensive sick note... My boss wanted a sick note, so I went to see her. I knew to rest and drink fluids..I didn't need to pay her for that. She told me I probably had H1N1, but wrote on all my paperwork "influenza of some type" and didn't test for what type. She just didn't want to be on the news as having a H1N1 patient. I wish I had the energy to be productive on this week off work, but the best I have done is loading and unloading the dishwasher once. I didn't shower for 3 days. I didn't make the bed, I haven't cooked, I haven't cleaned..I just sit and lay and read and as of yesterday, I have gotten out my computer. I didn't even feel up to getting my computer out until then. I have played more facebook games than I knew existed yesterday and today.

I am really missing running. I have to get well and go to the dentist and eye doctor tomorrow. I may try and go to the OB too, just so every part of me can be medically evaluated in three days flat. I don't know if I will make it to class Friday, but no one cares if I come or not since I am auditing. I guess I'll let my teacher know I have the flu and see what she says..

Ugh!!!

1 comment: