Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Truthful Tuesday! Questions and Answers!

1.What is your current obsession ?
Running.

2. What are you wearing today?
I had on a black 3/4 sleeve square neck long cotton blouse and a pair of gray slacks topped with a black blazer and black and silver flats until I got home.  Now I have on a race for the cure shirt and maroon cotton workout pants
.

3. What’s for dinner?
Steve is at man church so I am eating 0 point Progresso soup.


4. What’s the last thing you bought?
4 tote bags to be embroidered for christmas presents and knitting needles and yarn.

5. What are you listening to right now?
HGTV and puppies

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
I wasn't tagged, I stole it from  Kate.

7. If you could have a house, totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Right here with my family, or in Charleston on the Battery. 

8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
long tees and cute skirts (I don't wear shorts....ever.)

9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
The Louvre.  I want to see some fine art!

10. Which language do you want to learn?
Spanish, fluently.

11. What’s your favorite quote?
I love quotes!  I have too many to have a favorite!  I really love Edward Everett Hale's "
I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do. "
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
Beth Moore.

13. What is your favorite color?
Blue, Pink, Mustard Yellow, Lime Green.

14. What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet?
My mustard yellow coat!

15. What is your dream job?
a stay-at-home mom, but I'll settle for a cardiology nurse practitioner for now.

16. What’s your favorite magazine?
I really enjoy InStyle, Home Life, and Better Homes and Gardens.

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Definitely Christmas gifts. I need to get going on that whole shopping thing.

18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
I have several...the biggest right now is back and bottom showing....I recently went to a football game and the guy in front of me was showing me at least 5 inches of butt!  I really don't ever want to see a "tramp stamp" or "whale tail" but I really really don't want to see your crack or cheeks.  That is what belts, underwear, and camisoles are for...pick one and roll with it!
19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
Hmmm...  I would have to say Lindsey Lohan.  All she does is throw on a shirt with leggings. 

20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
I have been working for almost 2 years to get my long hair back!  I loved my short hair but my hair is so curly I had to blow dry it every day and I am LAZY.  With my long hair I can straighten it or I can wear it wavy or curly.

21. What are you going to do after this?
I am going to wait on Steve to get home and let out Megan's dogs while watching HGTV!

22. What are your favorite movies?
Gone with the Wind, Wizard of Oz, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, Sabrina, To Kill a Mockingbird, 12 Angry Men, Romantic Comedies like The Devil Wears Prada, Pride and Prejudice, Princess Diaries.

23. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
I love mary kay foundation!  I have to have mascara and blush too!

24. What inspires you ?
Reflection on the Lord.

25. Give us three styling tips that always work for you?
Dress for your shape, not the trends. 

Stock your wardrobe with classics and update with (cheap) accessories
Shoes make the outfit!  Make sure if you are wearing something plain your shoes are fabulous!


26. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Reinvent old favorites.  The blazer I wore today was from 2005 and I haven't worn it in over a year. 

27. Coffee or tea?
Coffee.

28. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Lay in bed, stay home and sleep, read.  Shop. Blog.

29. What is the meaning of your name?
Jennifer means Fair One.

30. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
I love to read blogs of young wives like me!

31. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Chocolate...in any form!  Creme Brulee!

32. Favorite Season?
Fall!

33. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?
Cook?  Steve does that!  We would head out to a restaurant!

34. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
I go over and over what I did wrong and try to blame myself, then I avoid them.  The right thing to do would be forgive them and confront if possible, but to definitely not stew over it like I do.

35. How do you calm yourself down when you are agitated or angry?
Call someone, normally mom.

36.Who is the modern ideal girl: The one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy, or the one who is simple but manages the house, kids and herself well?
I want to manage the house and kids and myself well, right now I think I am the one who knows how to shop, dress and enjoy.  A hybrid of the two is entirely possible!

1 comment:

  1. This is a darling list! The Louvre, Roman Holiday, HGTV and a closet full of classics, so fun!!

    ReplyDelete