Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 in Review!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Ran a Half Marathon!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember what I made as a resolution for 2009...I am sure it was to lose weight and I lost 15 pounds!
I think for 2010 I will resolve to run another half marathon and to make better decisions with money.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Many college and church friends, no one I consider VERY close except my cousin Whitney.  This year MANY babies are coming!  I hope to be pregnant this year too!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank the Lord.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. 
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you didn't have in 2009?
A Master's degree. (and a pregnant tummy)
7. What dates from 2009 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
October 17, my brother's wedding, December 4, my first half marathon, and December 31, Steve's sister was married.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?

Becoming a runner.  I'd have laughed at you last year if you told me I would run a half marathon in 2009.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Inability to concieve.  (So far)

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Learning I have a disorder (PCOS) that will impair my ability to get pregnant and predispose me for cancer, heart disease and diabetes created a side of depression.  I know I am so blessed, but it is the hardest thing I have ever gone through and my sweet husband has no idea how to comfort me. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Running shoes.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Not sure...probably mine.  I have gotten better at holding my tongue.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Jon Gosselin

14. Where did most your money go?
Well, I'm not sure where it goes.   I'll say mortgage.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
All our trips...I talked about going to Carolina for a month and the Emmys' for 2 months!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Probably the Glee Soundtracks.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a. happier (I want to say happier, probably sadder to tell the truth)
b. thinner....I think :)
c. richer in blessings, poorer in cash!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Studied God's word, completed more of my training runs.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
playing facebook games...I am addicted to Mafia Wars and YoVille...it is a sad admission for me to make.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
The usual rat race between houses...it was weird not being at mom's christmas morning, my brother's new wife wanted to have Swaty christmas in the afternoon.  We had our Christmas at home, then to the inlaws for brunch and presents, then to grandmas', then to moms, then back to inlaws.

21. Did you fall in love with 2009?

Not really, I enjoyed all the trips we took but I am looking forward to new adventures in 2010.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee, LOST, Grey's Anatomy, Bones, Private Practice, 24, American Idol!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't really HATE anyone, there are a few people I avoid....
24. What was the best book you read?
I love to read, but my favorites included the Sookie Stackhouse series and the Mitford Series, as well as anything by Karen Kingsbury.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Kris Allen from Conway, AR!  Glee is a personal favorite as well!
26. What did you want and get?
Fun times with my husband....New Orleans for our anniversary, Dallas for a Chelsea game, St. Louis for the Emmy's, and a Carolina Christmas.  On the materialistic side, I wanted jewelry and got several Chamilia charms and a beautiful pair of pearl earrings for my anniversary.

27. What did you want and not get?
To lose enough weight to need new pants (or a new wardrobe)....I did get back into old ones!  I also wanted a black coach bag and didn't get one :(

28. What was your favorite film of 2009?

I loved the Blind Side!  I saw AVATAR on NYD and it was amazing!  I laughed a lot during the hangover!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and had dinner at Olive Garden with my parents and Brave New Restaurant with my husband that week.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting pregnant instead of finding out about my PCOS.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2009?
Solid colors, dressing for my size (whatever it is), and moving toward more comfortable shoes...but I still love my heels!
32. What kept you sane?
My husband. My Faith.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care reform...ugh.  Don't talk to me about it.
34. Who did you miss?
My friend Katie who moved to Texas.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
My friend Tammy.  She is amazing.  Also the ladies of Radiology.  They are so fun to work with.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Being honest and open with people who care about you can help you through the hardest times of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment