Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

11 weeks and 5 days!

Hello lovely readers!
I thought I would have fun news from my OB visit yesterday so I held off the 11 week post.  But alas, a very boring doctors appointment.  I went alone (a first for me) and got to hear the heartbeat.  I was sick last week with a bladder infection so they checked my urine today to see if it is better, and since I have already gained more weight than they wanted, I had a glucose tolerance test today.   My doctor also told me not to run...:(,  I specifically asked because when I run, I have pain on my R side where my cyst is from polycystic ovarian disease, and he said to not run.  Great.  So I gain too much weight and can't run it off (or run to keep it down)....any ideas other than eating fruit for three meals a day?

So enough griping, I am so thrilled to be pregnant.  I know it sounds silly, but I can't wait until it is obvious to others.  I tell people I am pregnant and they look at my stomach and say "really?"  I guess I should be thankful, but people keep rubbing my (small) fat roll and aren't anywhere near the baby.  I am still wearing all my normal clothes easily, and can only see a bump when I try to "suck in." 

My sweet mom bought me all the Dr. Seuss books and stuffed animals from my last post for baby Shuler.  I am so excited!  I'm trying to talk Steve into ordering nursery furniture soon.  I don't go back to the doctor until May 4, so until then I won't know alot about the baby unless I can get a secret ultrasound. 

And by the way, we have finalized our picks for names.  I think in June when we find out the sex we will have a pink and blue party and announce it to friends and family.  I saw a really neat pink and blue post today where they colored a white cake blue and iced it green, then had a family member cut into it to announce the sex!  Tell me some ideas!  Another idea I had was to set up the nursery and buy the bedding then invite everyone over for dinner and open the nursery and have a banner that says "Baby (H__________ or A________) arriving in October!  I really want to make this special since we announced our pregnancy on FACEBOOK.  Yes, the evil facebook.  I was still on the phone with my mom when Steve had already posted it and my phone was going crazy with calls and texts...I hadn't even told my dad yet! 

I'll have a 12 week post on time!  Hopefully the "energy burst" they speak of will come about and I'll pass my classes!

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment