Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

32 weeks update, surprise baby shower, and ASU...

 Jackie, Me, and Lindsey
Hello Lovely Readers!!

Pregnancy update
How far along? 32 weeks 4 days!

Total weight gain: 33 pounds so far....I only gained 2 lbs last month!  Yay me!  I never thought I would see 228 lbs on the scale...can't wait to lose it!  I haven't weighed since my last appointment, so next Tuesday we will see the damage at my appointment!

Maternity clothes?: Still loving the grey's anatomy scrubs!  Only wearing dresses, but I made the mistake of trying to wear dress pants on the first day of school, and I was a sweaty mess before I made it to class.  I had a class today where we had to put each other on backboards, so I wore jeans.  Its still in the high 90s in Arkansas!

Sleep: I am sleeping ok, but having to wake up and pee around 3-4 am.  I'm not happy about missing sleep.  Yesterday morning I had a very vivid dream that Steve was cheating on me with a girl from Arizona and I woke up very upset with him and woke him up "to just hold me."  I know it was selfish, but I felt like I was going to have a panic attack and needed him to tell me there was no girl in Arizona.  I know I'm irrational.  I try not to be, but sometimes I truly CAN NOT help it. 

Cravings: I could eat all day long....craving mostly junk, like french fries and cokes.  :(  I'm not looking forward to my weigh in next week. 

Best moment this week: The baby shower last weekend, and my surprise shower Sunday!  My sweet friends Jackie and Lindsey decided to throw me a shower, and invited me to Lindsey's house for dinner and to watch True Blood, and when we got there they had made me a diaper cake and wrapped several presents!  They made me open each one, take a picture, and talk about it.  It was so much fun!

The diaper cake and Steve's gag gift!
A super cute monogrammed onesie!


Movement: Every day I feel her, Steve feels her daily now!   Mom has felt her a couple times, Mary tried Saturday but no luck yet!

Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: I've been having contractions and lots of movement, but nothing "like labor", as much as a first time mom can tell...

Belly Button in or out? In.....but stretching!

What I miss: Having energy to do things.  If I don't get my time to sit down, I start feeling woozy and faint and have to take a break.  I used to be able to work hard and play hard all day then sleep and feel refreshed at night.  Now everything is hard, even the things I enjoy, like shopping or taking care of a really sick patient.

Weekly Wisdom: Even when you don't feel like it, make time for your friends.  I was dreading going out to Lindsey's because I wanted to rest.  The girls had worked hard and I thought about cancelling and saying I was too tired (it was true!) but they wanted to bless me.  And were very successful.

Milestones: First 2 baby showers, (see my last blog for the first one), moving Laura to ASU (to my old dorm, sniff sniff), starting back to school, Avery's kicks starting to HURT (kid, when you read this, know you can really hurt me!), and passing TNCC. 
Laura, Terry and Mary

Favorite Moments:  Rolling onto ASU's campus, watching Jackie and Lindsey bring out stacks of gifts (that were all from the two of them), imagining holding Avery when I can't get back to sleep, knowing that God is in control, and finding out all the good news on my first day back at school (see previous post), passing TNCC!

School update:
I've only been one day but I am learning so much!  I wrote my first H and P yesterday, almost finished my oral presentation, turned in my objectives, and saw 3 patients with my awesome preceptor.  I made a list of all I need to do and I totally feel like I can do it!  The Lord is good!

Prayers and Praises:
Please pray for Steve and work.  Please pray for Avery's health and safe delivery.  Please pray I will be able to complete or nearly complete school before Avery arrives.  Thank God for answered prayers of Laura making it to ASU safely and starting out in church/BCM.  Thank God for my mom being able to quit her job and take care of our sweet baby when I return to work.  Thank God for his provisions no matter what. 

Love you all,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment