Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Evidently, I've been a good girl this year...

Hello lovely readers!
Steve just brought me home a new laptop (completely unexpected!) and a Nikon D3000 (I've wanted it for a while!)!  I have wanted a DSLR for a few years but have been scared of learning how to use one!  My computer was very slow and not doing well, so a new computer will save me a lot of headaches...I can't hardly believe it!  My 27th birthday is tomorrow...not believing that either!  

27 will bring a lot of changes....finishing my masters degree, becoming a mommy, and perhaps moving out of state for Steve's job.  I couldn't be more excited! 

Now for the fun to begin...I have to learn how to use a DSLR...help!  I have always been interested in photography and have a "good eye" as they say...but I don't know anything about lenses, settings, etc.  I basically know how to point and shoot.  It will be a fun project to work on with little Avery while I'm off on maternity leave!  I will have a captive subject!

The laptop is a huge blessing.  I normally blog and shop, etc on my husband's laptop.  Mine takes over 5 minutes to turn on and boot up.  It also takes a long time to search and pull up documents, and frequently crashes.  I've complained about it randomly but never imagined he would get me a new one!  I don't know a lot about computers but Steve does and frequently is "tech support" for my mom and me.  I can't wait to figure out the camera and learn to edit pictures on it!

The best part is tomorrow is my actual birthday!  I'll be working 7-7 then having dinner with my parents, brother and sister in law, and Steve.  I get to pick where we go, and I'm thinking Olive Garden!  With these temperatures, salad sounds wonderful! 

Today I had lunch with my inlaws and extended family!  We had KFC and chocolate cake...yum!  Mary and Terry and Laura gave me $50 for me (to spend as I wish...preferably on a pedicure per Mary) and $150 to buy a gift from them for Avery.  Mary suggested a pack and play or a glider since mine is ugly :( and not fixed yet. 

This week should be fun, I am working Monday Wednesday and Saturday.  The Rhea Lana consignment sale is Tuesday in West Little Rock so I plan to go there to shop and hopefully find a good deal on some nursery necessities.  My first shower is next Sunday (at my house) so I have to clean up this week...we are having a yard sale on Saturday to whittle down some of our extra belongings to make lots of room for Avery! 

Church today was a blessing as always...I can't wait for God to show me an open door and instruct me on how to go through it to bless others!

Lots of love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment