Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

29 weeks and 5 days update!

Hello Lovely Readers!!

Pregnancy update
How far along? 29 weeks 5 day!

Total weight gain: 33 pounds so far....I only gained 2 lbs last month!  Yay me!  I never thought I would see 228 lbs on the scale...can't wait to lose it!

Maternity clothes?: Still loving the grey's anatomy scrubs!  Only wearing dresses....its been 104 and 107 degrees in Arkansas!

Sleep: I had a bad leg cramp on Saturday morning...I woke up screaming and Steve woke up and massaged it for me.  We both lay awake for a couple hours before we could go back to sleep....  My poor husband!  He thought something was horribly wrong!

Cravings: Food in general.  I am so hungry!  I'm kind of over mexican food because I almost got sick on Saturday night....she's starting to take up more room and I can't eat as fast as I am used to eating.

Best moment this week: Meeting mom at Babies R Us and working out a travel system with the very helpful Tim.  He took 3 strollers out to my car to see if they would fit in my trunk...my jogging stroller combo did NOT fit...and my trunk is very large!  We ended up with the Graco lemongrass stroller and Graco Snugride 32 carseat. 


Movement: Almost every day I feel her, Steve has felt her a few times....mom felt her this week too!

Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: I've been having contractions at work and today at Walmart...I let my OB know and he said "take it easy."  Ha!  He has no idea who he is dealing with!  I can't sit still!

Belly Button in or out? In.....but stretching!

What I miss: Being able to move fast and not be in the way.  Working in the ER I often have to ask families to move because I can't get around the room with my belly!  I am really missing red wine right now because Steve is sitting next to me drinking it!

Weekly Wisdom: It might feel like a waste of money, but get a manicure once in a while.  I look down at my pretty nails and get a self esteem boost!  Also, when your drivers license is about to expire and you have a 3 month window to renew it, do it early if you are pregnant...I got mine today and the expiration date is Monday...I could have gotten it in June and not looked as fat!

Milestones: Buying a car seat and stroller, getting a sweet package from Nanny.  Nanny sent us a handmade pink blanket and I cried.  I have a similar one from when I was born.  She also sent us some sweet clothes and a Tennessee cheerleader outfit!  My sweet friend Tracy from Interventional brought me down some gorgeous pink and leopard baby clothes...I love them!


Favorite Moments:  Waking up this morning and realizing..I have the day off.  It didn't matter that I had to do errands all day....I was just so relieved to have the day off!  Opening the package from Nanny Saturday morning, getting my hair, nails, and toes done Saturday, and cooking dinner for Steve tonight.  I love being domestic and rarely have time!


School update:
I'm out....I paid my tuition and secured two preceptors for fall.  I took my drug test for school today.  I've turned in all my papers.  I cleaned out my notebook and got it ready for fall.  I go back August 18.  I'll be working on my portfolio this weekend...I can't wait to get it done!  I am nervous about getting all my hours done, but I'm going to try.  God has a plan!

Work update....I've worked 5 shifts and feel more comfortable every day.  It's hard to drink enough water and eat at a consistent time.  I hope Avery is doing ok in there...I've been walking so much she is never going to let me stop walking once she gets here!  She won't know what it is like to be still!

Love,
Jen

3 comments:

  1. I had one of those horrible leg cramps when I was like 8 months pregnant with my daughter. I still remember it. My husband shot straight up in bed scared to death. It was so funny (the next day).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so glad you are doing well! Hang in there with school...this last semester is intense, but I think it's better than the summer. How's your portfolio coming along? Who's your chair? I'm so excited for you! October isn't far away at all now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristen!
    Kendra-I've done the first two sections, need to do another on Tuesday, and my chair is Dr. Gullette...long story there! We only have class twice this fall (August 18 and September 29). We have one big paper, 4 tests, and 10 write ups. September 29 we have presentations over an interesting patient...I'm most nervous about getting the 270 hours in before this baby comes!

    ReplyDelete