Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

15 weeks and 4 days!

Hello lovely readers!

I am staying late at work tonight to help out my boss, so I have a little time to write.

Things are good with the baby (as far as I know), no ultrasounds lately, the BIG one should be in late May early June.  I can't wait to find out the sex and if everything is ok!  I STILL think its a boy!

School will have a short break coming up soon!  I have two small papers, one day of clinical and one test left this semester!  Whoo!  Then on to summer (May 26 :(,,,) but I'll only go to class 3 times and go to clinical 18+ hours per week...whew!  I'm tired just thinking about it but excited for all I will learn!

For those of you who pray, please say one for me.  I am trying to make a tough decision and need God to tell me plainly what to do.  I tend to jump into things without his guidance so please pray that this decision won't be like that!

Work is ok, lately it has been less stressful....yay!  I'm on call on Memorial day so maybe I will make some money for baby furniture!

I am still leaning towards Dr. Seuss for our (boy) or pink/green and lots of patterns for a girl.  Steve and I went to Babies R Us and found some things we liked and discussed baby furniture and what we could afford, etc.  It was neat to see his input.  We looked at gliders and of course I wanted the most expensive one.  Please send recommendations for comfy (but cheaper!) gliders.  I know I will spend alot of time in it rocking and feeding our little one, so I don't mind spending the money, but need some advice! 


Also, as far as car seats/travel systems go, I am not sure what to do.  My sweet friend Katie gave me some advice and showed me her travel system, but I don't think the stroller will fit in my Nissan Maxima (1997 baby!  205,000 miles and WONT quit!!!)  Also, it is REALLY heavy.  I do like her idea of gender neutral and with a car seat with bases that stay put and the carrier that snaps into the stroller.  I love the one touch fold down too!  Moms, help!  Here is a pic of the one she picked for Eli (due to arrive in 3 weeks!)

As far as cribs go, I know our little one won't spend much time there but I would prefer one that converts to a toddler bed and then a full bed with a dresser/changer combo (or cheap dresser and changing table) and Steve wants wood, but not light colored wood.  We liked this one on our shopping trip.

I didn't think I would like a combo but it seems so easy to just lift the baby out and put them on the changer.  Steve is very insistent that the changer have rails instead of the dresser with a changing pad option, since he will be doing diaper duty too and is very worried about the baby's safety if it doesn't have rails. 

I am so excited about everything coming together!  I can't wait to see our little miracle soon (in an ultrasound, not in person yet) and can't wait to start SHOPPING!  I haven't needed maternity clothes yet but I am definitely starting to show!  My stomach still looks "fat" instead of "pregnant" but I have been reassured that will come quickly!

Love,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I love your post. I just looked at a stroller and car seat yesterday! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete