Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Saturday, July 3, 2010

24 and 25 weeks update! (I'm 25 weeks and 1 day today!)

Hello Lovely Readers!
Here is the semi-weekly update along with school and job countdowns!  Please pray for me as I transition jobs!

Pregnancy update
How far along? 25 weeks 1 day!

Total weight gain: 31 pounds so far....I really don't want to talk about it. 

Maternity clothes?: Yes.  I bought some comfy shoes for clinical (ugly, but comfy) and a couple new dresses.  Its too hot in Arkansas to wear pants!  I bought 1 set of maternity scrubs and need to order 2 more sets....not sure if I'll order maternity or just "larger" than normal.  I am in love with my grey's anatomy navy maternity scrubs!

Sleep: I sleep like the dead until about 4.  Then I lay awake wondering if I'm late for work.

Cravings: Nothing in particular...I've had a sweet tooth this week which is unusual for me.

Best moment this week: Starting the new job...It is going well and everyone wants to hear about Avery so I talk about her at every opportunity!  A couple girls in the ER are pregnant too and due around the same time, so it's fun to chat (when we have time!)

Movement: When I sit still, or lay down, I feel her.  At work or school I am running constantly and I guess I'm not paying attention.

Gender: GIRL!

Labor Signs: none yet, thank God!

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Being able to get things I drop from the floorboard of my car.  Last night I stopped through taco bueno and dropped my debit card and could not reach it.  For the life of me.  I had to charge it and get the card later.  My second day of work I dropped my parking deck card (outside of my car) and had to open the door and get it from the pavement, the parking arm almost hit my roof when I finally drove through, and I was late to work.  I also miss walking fast.  I just can't.  I try and it HURTS.

Weekly Wisdom: If you are unhappy at work, change something.  It's just my first week in ER and I love it!  I don't know why the Lord kept me at my previous job for so long while I was unhappy. 

Milestones: Furniture arrived yesterday!  I can't wait to put it together!

Favorite Moments: On my second day of work someone won the daisy award.  If you don't know what that is, it's a big deal.   http://www.daisyfoundation.org/exnurses.htm  One of the coolest things about the Daisy award is that it is given monthly to a nurse who is nominated either by peers or patients, and the whole unit gets Cinnabon!  We don't have a Cinnabon in Little Rock, and it is flown in just for the daisy award winner and their team.  Anyway, I ate one and felt Avery move with my hand!  I have been so excited and anxious for Steve to feel her!  I wish I could get another Cinnabon and see if it works again!  I would love to win the award, we shall see if it ever happens!  Congrats to Roy!

Countdown to ER
3 shifts in the ER complete!  Its been so fun, busy, but awesome.  I'm learning so much and really enjoy the patients.  My IV skills are getting better, but I am still anxious every time I stick someone...I know it hurts and I know I'm not good at it!  I love looking up at the clock and realizing its almost time to go home!  I have learned I have to eat a big breakfast, most of the time I get to eat around 2 or 3 pm, so since I've been working 7-7 I have had to eat well or risk hypoglycemia or passing out!  I don't mind because I am so busy!!!

School countdown
5 weeks down 5 to go...three papers down, two to go, site visit DONE, big paper, clinical case poster presentation, one test done, 2 tests to go, and 95 hours of clinical time! Must start on Portfolio (first section due July 13) and get all my dates together for FALL!  I can't wait to finish my masters before this baby gets here!

Thankfulness
I'm thankful for Steve, lazy Saturdays, supportive family, our home, our new pastor Jeff (who is amazing by the way!), feeling our girl, no calls this week about my glucose test, sweet friends who INSIST on time with me, and the opportunity to go to school.  I am so thankful for my new job and for all the sweet people who have helped me along so far and given me confidence through their encouragement.  I'm thankful that when I ask for prayer I know others are praying for me.  I'm so thankful for family who loves us enough to support us in every way as they feel led.  I'm thankful our furniture is here for Avery, I am so looking forward to making her bed!  I'm thankful for the fourth of July and all it represents, thankful to live in a country like America.  I'm thankful that Steve took a couple days off next week so he can rest.  I'm thankful most of all for Christ who loves me and gave himself for me and for everyone. 

Love,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment