Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One loved woman....on her "first" mothers day!

Hello Lovely Readers!
I'm simply gushing over all the love shown to me over the last three days.  On Saturday my mom took me shopping and bought me several pairs of maternity pants, tops, and I bought a couple dresses.  I was completely surprised that she had saved money and WANTED to buy me a maternity wardrobe!  We took my parents out to eat that night at Famous Daves and enjoyed a "trash can lid" which is a great platter of barbeque and sides for about $50! 

Sunday was my "first" mothers day.  I don't really count it since I don't (yet) have a little one to hold, but my mom got me a sweet card and so did my husband.  Steve got me a body pillow since I haven't been sleeping well.  I was thrilled to get anything!  I enjoyed our service at church and especially our Sunday school.  We talked about why we worship and what purpose it serves.  It was a great discussion!  We took Mary (MIL) to lunch and gave her a small gift and card.  We then went to my mom's house where I took her a sweet silver beaded bracelet (similar to my mother's bracelet I want from a previous post) with a tag with her monogram!  I enjoyed getting to visit with her and dad so much...I've missed them!  We had to miss Laura's (SIL) senior recognition but Steve really enjoyed his soccer game and they won!  That night we got home and ate some Zaxby's and watched Breaking Bad.  It is such a powerful drama, and is very graphic.  I had some nightmares that night!  Steve said no more Zaxbys....I said maybe no more Breaking Bad!

Last night Steve came home with groceries (!) and made me an amazing dinner of sockeye salmon, spinach and roasted red bell pepper orzo pasta, and finished it with a dessert of amazing Fresh Market eclairs!  He also brought me home a dozen roses....just because!  I slept like a baby last night feeling so loved and cared for by him.  What an amazing "first" mothers day!

Please pray!!!

Please be praying for a decision I need to make by tomorrow.  I'll blog about it as soon as I can....I just want to tell the right people before I tell the world..

Please pray for my aunt Sherry....she recently fought and beat lung cancer and now has a new mass (in the last 6 months) and it was biopsied today....results on Monday.

Please pray for our little one.  I can't wait to meet him or her!  Being a nurse is not the safest job for a pregnant woman, please pray for protection for our baby!

Love you all,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment