Avery and Me

Avery and Me

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Free to Be Me--Public (nailbiting...)

Hello!
Since I just took my blog public as an experiment....I thought I would post the lyrics from the song that inspired the title of my blog. 

I think it's important to share what is going on in your heart with those you love.  Today I was handed some bad news, but I am trying to make the best of it.  I was diagnosed with PCOS today.  (polycystic ovarian syndrome)  Basically it's my 2nd or 3rd worst nightmare come true, because I desperately want children.  My husband has been so good to me through the whole diagnostic process, and I am trying hard to be at peace with the whole mess.  I have a large cyst on one ovary, so for now I can't even try to get pregnant.  These next two months while I am taking medication to shrink the cyst I am committed to praying daily and spending a daily time with God.  If you want to join me, please let me know.  I believe we can do it! 

The next thing I have to do is lose 30 pounds, preferably 40 to help with my fertility.  My husband is being supportive, but I need your help too.  Please be encouraging!  (and offer healthy restaurants when you invite me somewhere :). 

A sweet friend Jessica sent me this verse today and it has been on my heart all day.
2 Cor. 12:19 -  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

So here I am, boasting about my weakness, and inviting God's grace, and inviting you to be part of the prayer.  I am hopeful!

So here are the lyrics that inspired me to name my blog.

Album: My Paper Heart
Artist: Francesca Battistelli

At twenty years of age I'm still looking for a dream
A war's already waged for my destiny
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can’t always see

(Chorus)
‘Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

When I was just a girl I thought I had it figured out
My life would turn out right, and I'd make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt

(Chorus)

And you’re free to be you

Sometimes I believe that I can do anything
Yet other times I think I've got nothing good to bring
But You look at my heart and You tell me
That I've got all You seek
And it’s easy to believe
Even though

(Chorus)


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully put! I love that song. Ps. 25:1 "O Lord, I give my life to you."

    ReplyDelete